*Note this was transcript from a MapifyPro review by WPLift.com
Looking for the Best Maps for WordPress and Shopify? MapifyPro is the Perfect Fit.
MapifyPro has grown into one of the most popular store locator tools available. One critical factor that sets MapifyPro apart from similar products, and one that particularly caught our attention, is that it uses its own unique mapping API. This means it has forgone the limitations and fees brought on by Google and their new policies of charging anyone who uses Google Maps. MapifyPro has opted to rebuild their mapping tech from scratch, not only offering customers the powerful features of its competitors, but also anonymity and freedom to implement their maps without restrictions.
Beyond that good-to-know fact, MapifyPro offers more than just pristine, cutting edge tech. Let’s explore the full feature set of this powerful mapping software.
Perhaps MapifyPro’s most common use is in implementing a beautiful store locator. It easily has every feature you could hope for to ensure customers find nearby locations with features like:
- Fully customizable map styles with different designs included.
- There are no limitations on how many locations a user can add to their maps.
- Bulk upload all locations via a spreadsheet.
- Use a unique icon graphic on each location.
- Filter results by any category.
- Share locations on social media and direct traffic to the exact location on the map.
- Advanced geo-location services like the ability to use “My Location” to find nearby stores.
- Advanced search by any distance, and a feature that auto-suggests the closest location.
- “Use your location” feature.
- Map clusters to group nearby locations.
- In edition to the core WordPress version, MapifyPro is also available for Shopify
- And our favorite: MapifyPro can help customers find their beer and coffee! Just check out this map:
However that’s just the start of MapifyPro’s vast feature list. Beyond its capability as a store locator, it also provides an enormous amount of additional features, making it perfect for any map-based project. Check out some more highlights:
- Custom image mode allows the use of any image for a map, perfect for off-road trails, park maps, and conventions.
- Nearly everything about the maps can be customized to match your brand.
- Add thumbnail images to the fully customizable tooltips.
- An interactive location list can be added beneath the map to provide “quick glance” details
- Photography and film can be added to every location. Perfect for capturing adventures and drone footage.
- Detailed information and directions to each location can also be included.
- Users can share each location on social media to drive traffic to their maps.
- Map clusters organize nearby locations to organize crowded maps.
- Add ons make it even more powerful! PrettyRoutes allows you to add custom routes on road and off, and you can even allow your site visitors to add their own locations via Crowdmaps.
- Oh, if we do say so ourselves, it’s freaking beautiful.
- You can use any image, and MapifyPro will render it to be used just like a standard map!
Those are just a few of our favorite features, but you can see a full list here. Needless to say, it is a very feature-packed bit of tech, and quite popular with over 10,000 customers and counting. In fact, you may have come across MapifyPro without knowing it, as it has been utilized by some popular travel influencers and even by celebrities like Tony Hawk.
The Tony Hawk Foundation
Recently, Pro skateboarding legend Tony Hawk implemented MapifyPro to showcase skateparks around the United States that were funded by his foundation, a charitable organization that provides a safe haven for inner-city youth. Their map is packed with over 600 locations, each showcasing a fully funded skate park. Tony and crew believe that kids need a place to grow in a safe and positive environment with like-minded friends. Engaging the community is key, and their implementation of MapifyPro makes it simple to find a nearby skatepark, not to mention some new friends.
Gone with the Wynns
Another great example of MapifyPro being used ‘in the wild’ is on a very popular travel site, Gone With The Wynns. The Jason and Nikki Wynn are an adventurous couple who have utilized MapifyPro to create a virtual tour of their adventures. On land and on sea, the Wynn’s map recreates their travels in an engaging way that has proven very popular to their huge fanbase.
Where early adventures included showcasing a life lived solely in an RV, the Wynn’s have now set sail and live on a sailboat! Their map showcases how-to lifestyle videos, picturesque landmarks, fishing spots, tips and tricks, and other grand adventures as they explore the planet.
Powerful, feature packed, and well-coded.
As you may have guessed, the uses for MapifyPro seem rather endless, and we can’t really think of a feature that it hasn’t included. It works great on every device we’ve tried it on, and feels intuitive and quick whether on tablet or phone, which is critical for a product based around maps. Reviews are also pretty stellar across the board, and tech support seems to run a tight ship. All in all, MapifyPro’s claim of being the best mapping software around may just hold true.
If you’re looking for the perfect store locator, a way to document your adventures, or if you simply want to showcase an event directly on the place where it was captured (GoPro videos, drone footage, vacation highlights), then MapifyPro just might be the perfect fit. And hey, we offer a 5 day money-back guarantee, and even a free version, so you it never hurts to give it a go.
Filed under: Press