In this blog, I will show you how the Tony Hawk Foundation uses MapifyPro to feature Tony Hawk skatepark locations.
When I was young, I idolized Tony Hawk. It was for all the obvious reasons: Skateboarding was cool, and I daydreamed about, hey, maybe I’d become a skateboarder too. It didn’t happen because of my massive lack of coordination and fear of suffering injuries, so I stuck to the Tony Hawk Pro Skater video game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nonetheless, I was pretty stoked when I found out that Tony Hawk’s organization chose MapifyPro to showcase their skatepark maps. Since 2002 the Tony Hawk Foundation has been fulfilling its mission to help young people by issuing grants to low-income communities building quality public skateparks, and providing guidance to city officials, parents, and children through the process. At the time of writing, the foundation has awarded over $5.7-million to 588 public skatepark projects in all 50 States, and $100,000 to support the Skateistan program in Afghanistan, Cambodia, and South Africa.
That’s pretty incredible. Feel free to dig in even further by checking out the video below.
How Tony Hawk Uses MapifyPro to Feature Tony Hawk Skatepark Locations
The THF map is packed with over 600 locations, each showcasing a fully funded and available skate park. Tony and crew believe that kids need a place to grow in a safe and positive environment with like-minded friends. Engaging the community is key, and their implementation of MapifyPro makes it simple to find a nearby skatepark.
Interesting facts about the Tony Hawk Foundation:
- $9-million has been awarded by the Tony Hawk Foundation to help create public skateparks.
- 623 skatepark projects in all 50 states have received funding from the Tony Hawk Foundation.
- Six million visitors annually enjoy skateparks that the Tony Hawk Foundation helped fund.
- Thousands of skatepark projects worldwide have received guidance and advocacy training from the Tony Hawk Foundation.
How MapifyPro helps them reach their vision:
- MapifyPro neatly organizes over 600 locations.
- The clusters feature prevents the map from becoming too complex.
- Visitors can get exact directions to each location, making it simple to find the closest THF skatepark
- Details on funding, addresses, and other location-specific details are contained in every location. This not only makes it simple to research various skateparks but showcases just how much impact THF has had on communities across the country.
Filed under: Case Studies